Vision, Mission and Objectives
The center’s primary objectives are:
- To collect, preserve, and document all local heritage-related materials as well as those that have been either discarded, forgotten, or kept in the private libraries of authors or their relatives
- To search for Lebanese heritage materials in their various languages, which exist throughout the world, bring them back to Lebanon, sort them out, catalog and preserve them.
- To refer to the location of Lebanese heritage assets if they belong to a private collection, sort them out and catalog them. As such, many of the center’s resources are based on personal contributors who seek to preserve their family history.
The center’s mission is to become:
- A cultural and tourist destination, the first of its kind in Lebanon
- A major resource for research on the Lebanese creative legacy
- A central library specialized in the heritage of Lebanese artists throughout the world in all languages
The center’s main purpose is to collect and document the extensive Lebanese cultural heritage, encompassing its wide range of literary, artistic, linguistic and musical creations.
The duties of the center include:
- searching for for creative Lebanese artists in various fields
- soliciting and obtaining their original works, as well as critical assessments of their works
- overseeing the proper cataloguing and preservation of these materials
The “Friends of the Center for Lebanese Heritage Committee” is to be established to carry out the above-mentioned duties.
- Preparation of a comprehensive bibliography of the literary, artistic, intellectual and historical heritage of Lebanon
- Acquisition of complete works (in all languages) of Lebanese writers, poets, thinkers, out-of-print magazines and journals
- Acquisition of the original manuscripts of Lebanese creative artists, in all disciplines
- Acquisition of materials, artifacts, implements, papers, documents, letters, pictures, dissertations and essays in circulars and magazines, as well as information pertaining to Lebanese artists and authors t and to Lebanese cultural history
- Detailed documentation, analytical cataloguing and detailed organization of archives using up-to-date scientific methods and electronic digitalization of materials.
- Establishment of “Lebanese Heritage Review ”
- Establishment of a publishing house dedicated to heritage topics
- Establishment of the “Friends of the Center for Lebanese Heritage Committee” to solicit, collect and organize materials.